“The distance between your dreams and reality is called Action!”
Let’s get ready to take action!
Action planning should provide clear guidelines to the group about how to proceed on a daily basis in order to fulfil and enjoy your task.
For effective action planning, the group should consider using the following steps:
- Define the action.
- Prepare a list of activities and decide what is feasible (consider cost and resources). Then prioritise.
- Assign roles and responsibilities within the group.
- Identify key stakeholders, as successful implementation depends on support from people who will have an interest in, or be affected by, your action.
- Break activities into separate, smaller and measurable steps. This ensures that all your activities are both realistic and achievable.
- Make sure that you identify the individual and/or organisation responsible for each task.
- Create a timeline with major milestones (these are key signs of progress).
- Monitor the progress of the activities.
- Evaluate the process at the end of the action!